When you sponsor an overseas worker under the Standard Business Sponsorship, your obligation applies beyond the term of sponsorship approval.
- Certain events occur related to the approved business. You need to notify within 28 calendar days.
- Ensure the overseas worker works only in the nominated occupation.
- Ensure equivalent terms and conditions of employment.
- Not engage in discriminatory recruitment practices.
- Keeps records.
- Provide records and information.
- Assume all costs yourself in relation to approval of sponsorship and approval of nomination.
- Assume all costs yourself for all costs associated with the recruitment process.
- You must pay reasonable and necessary travel costs to let the sponsored employee and their sponsored family members leave Australia.
- Pay costs to locate and remove an unlawful non-citizen.
- Cooperate with inspectors.
To retain or renew your standard business sponsorship, you must continue to meet the above obligations.